Awardees were announced at the recent annual banquet held at Forest Park for the 10 parks and communities involved in the annual Bayshore Shuffleboard League competition.
In the Main Event, first place went to Barb Novick of Tamiami Village and Ed O'Neal of Bayshore Village.
For Season League Play, the winners were Team Captain Betty Rossi and Co-Captain Rendall Bilton of Lazy Days.
Bayshore League Officers include president Pete Longjohn, Vice President Al Wilson, Secretary Patti Roof, Treasurer Bev Benson and Statistician Edie Smith.
Honored guests at the awards banquet included Sales Manager Jack McKinley of Ellsworth's Heating and Cooling, Inc. (Sponsors of League and Spring Tournament).
"We've long been sponsors of the event. We always like to help our community; they've been good to us throughout the years. Actually through the last 42 years, that we (Ellsworth) have been in operation."
He said he noted many of the players are customers of Ellsworths.
SEASON LEAGUE PLAY
* 1st Place: Lazy Days
Team Captain Betty Rossi and Co-Captain Rendall Bilton
* 2nd Place: Pioneer Village
Team Captains- Phil and Marion Paight
* 3rd Place: Poinsettia Park
Team Captain Al Wilson and Co-Captain Don King
* 4th Place: Tamiami Village
Team Captain Pete Longjohn and Co-Captains Barb Novick and Tom Mason
* 5th Place: Carriage Village
Team CaptainJoe Messier and Co-Captain Cecile Messier
* 6th Place: Bayshore Village
Team Captain- and Co-Captain Bob Cyr
* 7th Place: Forest Park
Team Captain Ray Preston and Co-Captain Mike Fanning
* 8th Place: Crystal Lakes
Team Captain Frank Teresi and Phyllis Tucker
* 9th Place: Cypress woods
Team Captains Mike and Alice Welch
* 10th Place: Laurel Estates
Team Captain-Edie Smith
Ellworth's Heating and Cooling, Inc. Spring Shuffleboard Tournament Winners:
* MAIN EVENT
* 1st Place: Barb Novick of Tamiami Village and Ed O'Neal of Bayshore Village
* 2nd Place: Al and Barb Wilson of Poinsettia Park
* 3rd Place: Joe Messier and Carl Linton of Carriage Village
* 4th Place: Dawn and Ray Hammond of Lazy Days
- CONSOLATION EVENT
* 1st PlaceMaureen and Bill Bryan of Lazy Days
* 2nd Place-Elaine and Pete Longjohn of Tamiami Village
* 3rd PlaceBob Cyr and Dick Gambriel of Bayshore Village
* 4th Place-Brenda and Ken Taylor of Poinsettia Park